3D Scene Creation of curved roof

krunal

Hi,

I am a PV designer doing a project on solar system and my building roof is a curved area. I would like to ask you if anyone can give me a hint of how to build a curved surface area in the PV SYST and place the PV panels on top of the curved a surface.

if possible pls share video, regarding the same.

Thanks,

Krunal

Hi Krunal,

Since PVsyst is not CAD software, the tools to design and edit surfaces are limited. You can for example use the "Portion of Cylinder" tool to create a curved roof, but not sure if this suits your needs:

image.png.56365fed13ab2731b124c08da0949f16.png

For more complex surfaces, the best solution is to use external CAD software such as Sketchup, and import the model with a DAE or 3DS file.

After that you can easily place your PV tables on the top of your roof using the auto elevation tool.

• 9 months later...

Hi Stéphane, 

I am trying to create a domed roof object similar to the one in your screenshot above, but I cannot figure out how to shift the plane of the object (with the curve defined in the XZ plane, rather than the default, which is the XY plane). Do you mind explaining how to rotate the plane for this type of object? The general rotate option only works with a center of rotation parallel to the Z axis, from what I can tell. 

Thank you!

Rachel H. 

Thank you dtarin, that is very helpful!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to access the tilt for such objects is inside of "Modify Selected Objects" in the right-click scene objects menu, right?

image.thumb.png.f30cf708a0b34e55fb68a30bf099f330.png

I would suggest that the developers consider making this editable in the general object modification options, as this would be more straightforward for the user.

image.png.9e4ef4682cb7a13fbffc9649ee871b94.png

In any case, thank you so much!

Best regards,

Rachel H.