PVSYST @Mac

rarise

Hi everyone,

Recently I've bought a Mac Book Pro (OS X 10.8.4) and I wish to install PVsyst in.

Once I get into the PVsyst website, at the link next to "MAC OSX" in "Operating System" (https://www.pvsyst.com/download-PVsyst) I figure out that the link doesn't work properly; however there's another link in which it's recommended to use "Virtual Box". I've to say that I'm not a high-level user of this type of software and I'll highly appreciate if someone could guide me about how can I install PVsyst in OS X of Apple…because -to be honest- I've no idea about this.

I'm very interested in getting this software, but I'm not certain that if I bought it, it will work on my computer properly and I would like to make sure about that.

On the other hand I would like to ask PVsyst's developers if they've though about developing their software for Apple OS. I don't know if this question suits in this place; if not, my apologies.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I am about to buy a Windows 8 copy to run PVsyst under Parallels on my Macbook Air. Now i am not sure whether to buy the 32 or 64-bit version.

Is the use in a Mac restricted to 32-bit?

This would limit the memory useage. wouldn't it?

Thanks for helping out!

Heiko

Thanks André!

Actually i started wondering about the subjectafter reading the description unter "http://www.pvsyst.com/en/software/download".

It says:

"Required computer configuration

Operating System :

- Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP (older versions of Windows NT, 98, 95). 32-bits and 64-bits processors.

- MAC OSX (see here) and Linux with a virtual machine running Windows 32-bits (e. g. VirtualBox).

- Windows servers are not supported"

So i understand the MAC OSX with a virtual machine running Windows 64-bits works fine too. Maybe his information can be added to the sites content?