Shading for large 1GWc 1 axis tracker project problem

Bertrand13

Hello,

I have a problem whith a quite big project of 1GWc 1 axis tracker with 6.8 PVsyst version.

When creating shading 3D scene (array of 49 329 trackers (52 rows * 94 columns)) and turn back to near shading definition windows, PVsyst program not responding (CPU 30% and memory 50Mo).

I tried to wait some hours but I had to stop and kill the program.

This happens every time for this simulation.

Do you think it is possible to simulate such a project with shading ?

What could be the solution ?

Thanks n advance,

regards.

Are there significant shading objects? If not, there is no need to model the full 1 GW. If there is, your machine may not be able to run it (like currently). Choose a smaller portion of the plant to model to represent the entire plant. Also try running on fast simulation mode.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

As Daniel suggested maybe the best is to only model a part of the plant, or at least split it into several variants.

Also, you can maybe group some tables together if the layout is regular, this will simplify geometry.

I would suggest to remain below 10'000 tables (the lower the better) for PVsyst to handle it correctly.

• 1 month later...

Are there significant shading objects? If there is, your machine may not be able to run it (like currently). Choose a smaller portion of the domyessay plant to model to represent the entire plant. Also try running on fast simulation mode.

Have you checked the compatibility of your system? Perhaps modeling a small block and multiplying the results will bring you the same as modeling the larger system result?