Question regarding sizing of PV panel and inverter

thaisolarsolution

I use the solar panel "Jinkosolar 370W" and inverter "INVT 50kW with 1MPPT"

The design layout consist of 17 panels connecting in series and 6 strings, which result to total panel of 102 panels.

The expected total power output should equal to 37 kW ( total power = 370*17*6 )

However the result of PVsyst shows the "Overload loss" notification.

My Questions are:

1: Why is there overload loss notification in the PVsyst software(I think that the power output 37kW is still below the selected inverter of 50kW)?

2: When I increase the MPPT number, why the overload loss also reduce?

2.thumb.jpg.4cf6fdbcd93c2cbe77901f9823f9ef15.jpg

This photo represent the design project

You are not modeling a full inverter. You have selected to use MPPT inputs, and have selected 1 input, which means you are using 1/2 an inverter; your inverter shows it has 2 MPPT inputs. Set the number of mppt inputs to 2, and you will be modeling with the full inverter capacity. Note that is says "inverter power used" is showing 25kW, not 50kW.

• 8 months later...

You are not modeling a full inverter. You have selected to use MPPT inputs, and have selected 1 input, which means you are using 1/2 an inverter; your inverter shows it has 2 MPPT inputs. Set the number of mppt inputs to 2, and you will be modeling with the full inverter capacity. Note that is says "inverter power used" is showing 25kW, not 50kW.

Hi, I am facing the losses being introduced as inverter nominal power loss while using MPPT feature for high Wp rated module say 530Wp. If I simulate it in single subarray by using mixed-orientation or just single subarray modeling complete inverter instead of MPPT feature then this loss is giving me 0%.

Any idea why it is happening? I am using 1000Vdc System String Inverter and 530Wp module.