Project settings, shadings

tecnun

Hello good day,

I would like to know exactly the difference between these shading conditions in Project Settings:

- Discriminating orient difference between shading planes

- Maximum orient difference for defining average spread orientation

What do they stand for?

For instance, I am working with shading scenes imported from T3 in a non-flat terrain (real topo scene). By default the system brings me to define +8 orientations. But I would like to define 3-4 main orientations and distribute them in 3-4 subarrays (unless terrain is very flat, which i prefer to define 1 average orientation-slope)

Dont know if i have explained...

BR Jose M (tecnun)

• 2 weeks later...

- Discriminating orient difference between shading planes

I believe this can be thought of as the resolution to which PVsyst will define a unique orientation based on the difference with other sheds

- Maximum orient difference for defining average spread orientation

This parameter will be used to define the range for which an average value will be calculated and used for transposition.

See: https://forum.pvsyst.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2524&p=6730&hilit=Discriminating+orient+difference+between+shading+planes#p6730

Thanks Dtarin,

I m getting now the discriminating factor, eg if you have only 2 tables and they differ each other 1° if you choose 2° the system will consider them equal, but if you set it to 0,5° there will be 2 different orientations.

Concerning the other condition i stll have doubts. So if, going to the hereabove example, you add a third table wihich differs the other 2 more than 10° and you choose limitation of 10° what happen?

BR Tecnun