SolarEdge inverter single-phase with commercial optimizers P600/P700/P800(3-phase)

edi

I wonder if I connect the panels in the optimizers(P600/P700/P800) and connect the optimizers in the inverter(single-phase) will work?

Will the inverter stay on?

Will the optimizers communicate with the inverter? will it release the current, going out of safe mode?

Or do the equipments have any software lock to not allow the installation?

I am a technician in electronics and analyzing the datasheet of the equipments I see they are electrically compatible. My question is: Yours softwares are allowed to work in this way?

Does anyone have any information for this question?

• 2 years later...

Hi,

The SolarEdge distributed architecture is based on a unique system design approach, characterized by a distributed DC-DC power optimizer for each PV module (or group of PV modules). These optimizers, with a current-driven output, are connected in series as strings, which are then connected in parallel to the input of a special (proprietary) inverter.

Each power optimizer can manage 1 to 4 PV modules, and performs the MPP tracking at the input module (or group of modules) level.

The specificity of the SolarEdge inverters is that the voltage of the full optimizers string is fixed (usually 350V or 700V for most inverters), so that the current of the whole string (i.e. each optimizer output) is imposed according to the available PV power at Pmpp of each input module.

During the simulation, the efficiency of each optimizer is evaluated. It depends on the Current boost ratio (the longer optimizer string, the lower efficiency).

Operating at a fixed voltage means that the Power Optimizers in a string operate completely independently one from the other, so that at a given time the module productions may be different without any effect on the system (shadings, mismatch, different orientations, etc).

In PVsyst this requires a very special procedure for the elaboration and sizing of the system.

You should first define the system, with one sub-array per kind of string (i.e. number of modules in series).

Then you should press the button "String configuration" for attributing each specific string to its own inverter.

See the help :

https://www.pvsyst.com/help/solaredge_architecture.htm?zoom_highlightsub=solaredge

https://www.pvsyst.com/help/solaredge_procedure.htm?zoom_highlightsub=solaredge