Possible to model and simulate mono-facial and bifacial modules in the same project?

k7524000

• 2 weeks later...

Dears, to my experience as well, this is not possible yet, which is a pity.

What I am doing in the moment to get my monofacial reference (e.g. to assess the potential bifacial gain of a system) is to repeat my bifacial simulation with "don't use in the simulation" (System / Bifacial System / General Simulation Parameters).

Can someone confirm that this is the way to go?

Thanks.

Dears, to my experience as well, this is not possible yet, which is a pity.

What I am doing in the moment to get my monofacial reference (e.g. to assess the potential bifacial gain of a system) is to repeat my bifacial simulation with "don't use in the simulation" (System / Bifacial System / General Simulation Parameters).

Can someone confirm that this is the way to go?

Thanks.

That will give you the bifacial gain for the bifacial module, but not give you the gain if you were to install a monofacial module instead. Bifacial modules have different performance and sizing compared to their monofacial equivalent from the same manufacturer (from what I've seen).

We don't envisage to develop a simulation of both options mono and bi-facial at the same time.

As these would be 2 different systems, therefore 2 different sets of result variables, etc. This involves a very complex simulation process. I really don't see how to do that in PVsyst, and how to present it on a report.

The right way is to perform 2 different simulation, and compare the results (eventually the losses, like for example the overload losses).