Economic evaluation & self-consumption

TAu

Hello, I am trying simulate a situation where the "self-consumption" should be 100% and "sold energy to grid" should be near 0%. I have created a CSV-file of the daily user's needs and used that in the "self-consumption" of the Main parameters.

So why is the "self-consumption" in Economic evaluation 0 kWh/year and the "Sold energy to grid" basically all produced energy, and how do I change it? It messes up the Financial results, because PVsyst thinks I want to sell all the produced energy.

Thanks

Before analyzing the economic evaluation, please analyze first the energy output of your simulation.

I don't understand well what you have specified on your CSV file: with CSV reading, PVsyst only accepts hourly consumption values, not daily values.

If you want to create a PV system ensuring 100% self-consumption, it should be of sufficiently low power for never exceeding the User's needs, even by clear sky conditions.

Before analyzing the economic evaluation, please analyze first the energy output of your simulation.

I don't understand well what you have specified on your CSV file: with CSV reading, PVsyst only accepts hourly consumption values, not daily values.

If you want to create a PV system ensuring 100% self-consumption, it should be of sufficiently low power for never exceeding the User's needs, even by clear sky conditions.

Thanks, Andre.

I realized that the self-consumption has to be in hourly consumption values, like you said. I had the self-consumption in daily consumption values and that's why in the economic evaluation all the generated power was on the "sold energy to grid" row.

Thanks, Andre.

I realized that the self-consumption has to be in hourly consumption values, like you said. I had the self-consumption in daily consumption values and that's why in the economic evaluation all the generated power was on the "sold energy to grid" row.

Thanks for the info, where can I find a file to make my owns calculations?

Best

• 4 years later...

I have a problem with Economic evaluation: Detailed economic results don't reflect saved money only calculate profit from excess energy to grid   
Self-Consumption 551MWh/year

Sold energy to 19.4MWh 

Profit per year 2162eur 

image.png.0d21fd7372b73ef98bd8b634e3102b49.png

image.thumb.png.5dbc51db4a6cd8908a3d2f7808d02552.png

image.thumb.png.7b4b82cdaeb2934fc45b7a90a12c2585.png

• 4 weeks later...