Importing PVGIS data into PVSyst

Preto

Hey guys,

Today I had a problema with importing data from PVGIS to PVsyst.

Tuesday I went the the PVGIS website, in the monthly radiation part, insert the coordinates and clicked calculate to retrieve the webpage with the output.

Then I copied everything that was on the window and opened PVsyst --> Project Design --> Grid-Connected --> Meteo Database --> Import Meteo Data

After that I had the option to import what was on the clipboard and it worked fine.

Today I can't find that option and I don't know how to import the PVGIS data.

Does anyone know what is the problem?

My PVsyst version is 6.78 and the PVGIS 4 website data.

Thank you!

The PVGIS old database in monthly values in no more maintained. The owners (JRC) announced that it would be unavailable in November 2018, so that we removed the import from this source.

If you want to import these monthly data you have to do that manually in "Databases > Geographic sites".

PVsyst has now a powerful tool for importing the new PVGIS databases, for an highly exteded geographic region and in hourly values. Please see the help.

The PVGIS old database in monthly values in no more maintained. The owners (JRC) announced that it would be unavailable in November 2018, so that we removed the import from this source.

If you want to import these monthly data you have to do that manually in "Databases > Geographic sites".

PVsyst has now a powerful tool for importing the new PVGIS databases, for an highly exteded geographic region and in hourly values. Please see the help.

Thank you for your answer!

I created a new geographical site in Databases --> Geographical Sites.

Then I selected the new geographical site created and in the meteo data import selected PVGIS TMY, clicked import and it gave me some data without any type of input from pvgis (at least from my part). This means PVsyst contains the database that PVGIS uses to give the data without needing to manually acess the PVGIS website?

What is the difference between this method and the old one? (when I say old one I'm refering to the tab Monthly Radiation in PVGIS and the calculated webpage output)

• 2 weeks later...

For importing PVGIS data, PVsyst now uses a "Web service": it reaches directly the PVGIS site, and downloads the requested data. You don't need to open the PVGIS web site anymore.

NB: With this new service, the PVGIS database has been deeply updated. The data are now provided in really measured hourly values, either as real years, or as TMY.