Different azimuth in Near Shadings and Orientation tabs

brunok

I have designed the 3D model in the 'Near Shadings' and set the azimuth to -23 degrees using the 'Rotate whole scene' in the Edit menu. However, PVsyst sets the azimuth to 5 degrees in the 'Orientation' tab. Eventhough I checked the 'Detailed, according to module layout' check box in 'Near Shadings' to run the simulation, the report lists azimuth as 5 degrees, which makes me believe that the simulation ran with this azimuth. PVsyst version is V6.67. Need help to understand what is going on. Thanks in advance.

PS: I attached a presentation to help the understanding of the issue.

Slide1.thumb.JPG.fbd9732d81c3b2d0bccd617ae53a290f.JPG

Near Shadings

Slide2.thumb.JPG.43cc1f9d2688ada5525017fb2ffb9593.JPG

Orientation

Slide3.thumb.JPG.a3ed249189369e16374fa64e41a806c7.JPG

Hello brunok,

The orientation is defined by the normal of the PV fields plane, in the global referential. So it is a combination of the field's tilt, azimuth and baseslope.

It seems like you placed your fields on the rooftop and then rotated the whole scene, so in this case the baseslope should be the roof angle.

Placing your fields on the ground would get you a -23° azimuth, but here they're tilted along the roof.

Which orientations does PVsyst detect when you open the orientations tool (Tools -> Edit orientations) ? It seems like you defined two separate orientations (on each side of roofs) but you only get one in the end ?

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Thank you for prompt reply.

The box which I want to change is not editable, I click but is has no affect. Please see the attached file "Screenshot_1" where I indicated with arrow the field which I want to modify (Nominal-real tilt and azimuth). Nominal tilt and nominal azimuth has modification function, but I want the nominal tilt and nominal azimuth to be equal to  real tilt and azimuth, That is why I want to change real tilt and azimuth. For example table filed #104 has plane azimuth 5.9 which has to be 0 and plane tilt is 30.2 which has to be 30.0.

Thank you

Screenshot_2.jpg

image.jpeg

Dear Irakli,

Indeed, these values cannot be edited. When working on a project with complex topography in PVsyst, the solar tables installed in the field will often have actual azimuth and tilt values that differ from the expected nominal values. This occurs because the software automatically adjusts each table to the local topography, resulting in natural variations in these angles.

Can you confirm that you are working with a topography? Also, could you explain why you want to modify these values?

Regards,

Muhammed Sarikaya