How to import Data from Helioclim-3 v5 for free to PVSYST

beta

Dear André,

Without success, I have been trying to import the hourly data available 2005 from Helioclim-3 v5 for free (http://www.soda-pro.com/es/web-services/radiation/helioclim-3-for-free) to PVsyst 6.4.3.

I have not found any way to do it automatically, so I create a file .csv with a PVsyst Standard format using the file included in the site: http://www.soda-is.com/eng/education/PVsyst.html. Thus, I filled the GHI from Helioclim3 v5 and also the temperature from MERRA (http://www.soda-pro.com/es/web-services/meteo-data/merra). But after press import, the programm doesn't respond, stalled. Could you please let me know what's wrong?

Is there any other way to import the hourly data?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Dear all,

Thanks for your answer but the template attached is not the one I would need. It has not got the 8760 hours (for a year). Also, when I use semicolon separator, the result doesn't have sense. I attached the result.

How do I modify the data of the template?. Using excel, it is not ok, the result does not have sense. I attached the result.

So please, could you explain me again the steps to import to PVsyst 6.4.3 the data from HelioClim-3v5, from 01/01/2005 to 31/12/2005, with data in each hour (GHI and Temperature)

Thanks and Best Regards,

568205300_ConversionofASCIImeteo.png.a48acc6d331649784641346badfac73a.png

568908264_MEFinexcel.thumb.png.14faa93659a93428cdff69b4c0bf132a.png

You have tried to open the Formatting file (*.MEF) instead of the HelioClim Data file. This is not correct.

The formatting file should be put in the \Meteo\ directory, and chosen using the comboBox "Format protocol file".

NB: HelioClim has perhaps changed their format.

However it seems that they now distribute their data also in the Standard PVsyst format. Please try to import these data using this option in "Import Meteo Data".

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

Thanks for your help.

I could not obtain directly the free data of Helioclim-3 v5 in Standard PVsyst. Anyway, I had already tried to import using the standard Pvsys format by mean of a template, but I suppose because there are some data with -999, it was not possible, the PVsyst got stalled everytime I tryed to import.

Finally, I succeeded importing this data using "Import ASCII Meteo files" tool, using the template in the user folder. But later, after simulating this new meteo file, I checked the hourly GHI and Temperature data from the simulation output file and I realised that there were not the same hourly values of Helioclim-3 v5 data. I mean the text data (.csv) of the hourly GHI and temperature were not the same. Why? I am interested to get a simulation output file with the energy production of a specific year using Helioclim-3 v5, is that possible?

On the other hand, if I add up all the hourly GHI and temperature from the Helioclim source, the result is the same that the monthly GHI and temperature of the simulation report file submited in pdf. However, as I mentioned before, it does not match with the GHI and temperature data from the simulation output file in .csv . Why?

Thanks and Best Regards,