Fixed Tilt Sheds with Trans-Axial Slope

Hello,

As I understand it there are two ways to acheive a shed-to-shed slope between rows of fixed tilt collector field:

1) Specify a "Shed to Shed slope" in the object parameters menu, located between the "Shed tilt" and "Baseline slope" fields.

2) Create a ground object with the required slope (Ex. for a 10% slope, create a 100m x 100m ground object and raise each vertex on one side up to Z=10m) and use the "Position tables on scene" tool to place rows on top of the ground object.

Is there one method more favorable than the other?

What are the units for the "Shed to Shed slope" parameter? Degrees or Percent?

When I create a ground object with a 10% slope and separately create a shed field with a 10 [unit] Shed-to-Shed-slope from the same point, I would expect that they would match up when viewed from the ZxY perspective. When I view from this perspective (essentially a section cut along the slope) the rows of the shed field are increasingly spaced above the surface of the ground object. Is this because the shed field is in fact at a sleeper shed-to-shed slope than 10%? Or is this simply a "glitch" in the graphical capabilities of the 3D Construction environment, and it will actually simulate correctly?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Pete

The shed-to-shed slope is indeed specified in degrees (this mention has disappeared from the dialog, perhaps hidden behind the up/down control, sorry).

Now when you specify a terrain:

- either you position the set of sheds as an object on your terrain. In this case the first table will be positioned on the terrrain, and the shed object will be considered as a whole, with its own parameters.

- or you specify your system as a set of tables, each table will be positioned on the terrain independently.