Importing Empty Field for Quadratic Factor BRev

kjs55

When importing a row from the PVsyst Excel PAN file database to generate a PAN file, if the field for the quadratic factor BRev is left empty, the value of BRev in the PAN file will result in 3.2 mA/V^2 regardless of the module's Isc.

I do not know what this value of 3.2 represents, but I believe it should be using the default BRev parameter that is specified in the Hidden Parameters for PV Modules, as follows:

Quadratic factor BRev [mA/V^2] = 1.2 * Isc,

where 1.2 is the default BRev parameter listed in units of [mA/V^2]/Isc in the Hidden Parameters for PV Modules.

Thus, if BRev is left empty in the Excel spreadsheet for a module that has an Isc of 8.986 A, I believe the value of BRev in the PAN file should be 1.2 * 8.986 = 10.7832 mA/V^2 after importing, not 3.2 mA/V^2.

Edited by kjs55

You are right. I will check this.

However this parameter governs the reverse characteristics of one cell (the current for a given reverse voltage).

It is not involved in the simulation process (or very very slightly in the Module Layout shading calculations, when only one corner is shaded).

Its effect is visible in the pedagogic tools for the understanding the reverse characteristics of a cell/module.