Number of Slaves

purnaanshg

Hi,

I am using the Master/Slave configuration for inverters. I am using PVsyst 6.27.

I am simulating a 12inverter configuration which would have 1 Master and 11 Slaves but the "Inverter Selection" does not allow me to go beyond 10 Slaves. Why is this so? Is there a way I can increase the number of slaves in the "Inverter Selection" beyond 10.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Purnaansh

Defining such a number of slaves doesn't make much sense.

With 2 inverters in Master/Slave, you gain a little bit because of the better efficiency at low powers (less than 1 to 2% with bad inverters)

With 3 inverters, the gain is imperceptible. Beyond this number it is completely useless.

Using Master/Slave configuration is not harmless: it forces to connect all concerned sub-arrays in parallel. This is not necessarily a good idea.

NB: In your case you can define 2 x 6 inverters in master/slave if you want: the simulation result will be exactly the same.

Thanks Dr. Mermoud.

"Using Master/Slave configuration is not harmless: it forces to connect all concerned sub-arrays in parallel. This is not necessarily a good idea.": Can you please shed more light on the disadvantages.

I would still request the ability to set the # of Slaves to higher values because a PVsyst output is what we provide along with configuring our inverters while quoting for a project. It would be confusing for the clients where we are configuring 12 or more inverters for a project and explain why the PVsyst output consists of a configuration of 2x6 inverters and not 1x12 inverters which is actually being proposed for the quote. I would really appreciate this feature.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Purnaansh