Current date simulation

MahnamR

The files with meteorological data (.MET extension) are associated to specific sites.

When you import the data, you specify the site, to which this file will be linked.

When you want to use the imported file, you have to make sure that you first select the correct site, then the .MET file will show up in the dropdown menu.

Note that you can associate more than one .MET file to the same site (for example to compare different data sources or different years).

PVsyst will always compare the geographical coordinates of the meteorological data file (.MET) and the site for which you want to use it, and issue a warning, if they are too far away from each other.

Thank you Bruno,

With your explanation, I was able to input my ascii data, and see the result after simulation is complete. But however I could only see the graphs, and when I click the "Table" button, the system crashes and turns off the PVsyst, and I have to run the system again. Do you have any idea what could be my problem?

Thanks,

Mahnam

Hi Mahnam,

a PVsyst crash is definitely a bug, this should not happen.

If you get a prompt asking to send a bug report, then it would be nice if you could do so, our support team will get the report and try to fix the bug.

If you do not get the prompt, then I would ask you to export the project to a zip file (In the main window select 'Files -> Export Projects'), and send it to me (Bruno.Wittmer@pvsyst.com), we will have a look at it.

Best regards,

Bruno

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Mahnam,

a PVsyst crash is definitely a bug, this should not happen.

If you get a prompt asking to send a bug report, then it would be nice if you could do so, our support team will get the report and try to fix the bug.

If you do not get the prompt, then I would ask you to export the project to a zip file (In the main window select 'Files -> Export Projects'), and send it to me (Bruno.Wittmer@pvsyst.com), we will have a look at it.

Best regards,

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

The prompt that I get after clicking the Table says: "PVsyst6.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

After I click the "close Program" button, it will shut down the PVsyst without any other prompt. I will also try to email you, the project.

Thanks,

Mahnam

The table calculation can occasionaly crash due to a bug in a log message call.

If this happens, a workaround is to generate the output as ASCII file. In the simulation dialog ckick on 'Output File' and select the variables that you want to look at. You can get hourly, daily or monthly values.

The results can be viewed with a text editor or spreadsheet application like MS Excel.

The bug is being fixed.

• 1 month later...