Battery Wearing State

a.nashed

Hello

Does anyone know how the wearing state is calculated and what does it actually represent?

In other words, I want to estimate the expected battery lifetime based on the number of cycles, so can this be done?

Thank you

Regards,

Amir

The wearing state has two parts:

- a constant wearing according to the time and the battery temperature: the static lifetime diminishes by a factor of 2 for an increase of 10°C,

- a wearing due to the use of the battery, i.e. the number of charge/discharge (according to the specification in the battery's parameters).

The simulation calculates the wearing state at each simulation step, according to the IN/OUT current and the instantaneous depth of discharge.

You can find it in the simulation results. For example in the monthly results, table "Battery operation and performance", variables WECycle and WEState

Hi Andre

First thank you so much for your reply.

So in this case if my WeCycle is say 74%, what does this mean exactly? in other words what does the 74% value represent?

Does it mean that in a year, the battery lost 26% if its capacity? or it means that the battery lost 26% of its lifetime so i can expect the overall lifetime to be about 4 years?

Does this value give an indication of the battery lifetime? if yes then how?

Thank you

Regards,

Amir