Simulate the failure of a device

jonasf

Hi,

I'm currently designing a standalone system for which i would like to simulate failure of a device. There will be 2 regulators and i want to simulate the failure of one of the two, divinding the production by 2 for a given period of time. Then, I want to see the evolution of the SoC in this case. Is there a way to achieve this goal?

What i have looked for so far:

1) There is a unavailability parameter that could give me some clues but it seems to be only available for grid-connected system.

2) Looking for a way to directly import a custom Earray file (simulating a loss of production by 2 for the given period of time) --> not found.

3) Creating a custom weather file to directly divide by 2 the global horizontal irradiance for the given perdiod of time --> gave an error relative to the clearness index too low (not even sure that this method could give consistent results).

Thanks.

Dear Jonasf,

I don't understand "simulate failure of a device." What do you mean by this?

Indeed, for a standalone project, there is no "unavailability period."

You can't import a custom Earray into PVsyst; the software is based on weather data and calculates from this with PV modules.

When importing weather data into PVsyst, the software controls it to check if it is realistic or not. This is why you get the error message. It's possible to modify some advanced parameters for limit conditions like what you are trying to do. Go to "Settings - Edit Advanced Parameters."

image.png.5f1c9370cfc64ee778644fc2ea1ae954.png

Then, put "clearness" in the search box. You will see two limit parameters that you can modify. Try to decrease the first parameter and increase the second.

image.png.13d2274d42c93e74b3c44f8ab11cf4a8.png

Tell me if you succeed and don't hesitate to reach out to us for more precision.

Regards,

Muhammed Sarikaya