Simulation according to strings but without partition defined 7.4.8

dtarin

As noted in title, PVsyst allows the user to run a simulation with according to strings selected and an electrical effect defined, but without having defined a partition in the shade scene. In prior versions I recall this creating an error or warning, and/or forcing the simulation back to linear when a partition was not defined. 

The reason this is occurring is because as you can see in the screenshot, a higher GCR is selected and the site is practically flat; when this GCR is used for the backtracking algorithm, electrical loss is apparently 0% from shading due to adjacent tables. If I select a lower GCR to be used for backtracking, the simulation then forces the error and directs the user to define a partition. However, this should not be the case. If according to strings is selected, it should always force the user to define a partition, even if there is some internal check to see if there is shading from adjacent sheds (that's how it looks to me anyhow).

There are trees in the shade scene, so even if there is no shading due to tables, there should still be electrical effect loss, which is why according to strings should force the definition of a partition. 

2024-08-22_13-21-33.jpg

Edited by dtarin