Import file from rhino8 to pvsyst

Hello, I am trying to add a drawing from rhino to Pvsyst.

I import the file with name .3ds in 3d scene. However I have a couple of questionos.

First of all, after I defined the tilt of panel, for example 25 degrees, I ran shading animation but I didn't receive results and i can't calculate the shading table.

Should I change something in import result dialog that is depicted in image2?

Thank you

image.png

image2.png

Hello Michalis,

In the "PV objects" section of the import window you need to check all materials that have been used in the source software for defining PV faces. This way PVsyst will transform those faces into PV panels and the shadings animation will work.

I hope this helps.

Hello Stephaene,

Yes, your instruction works perfect.

Furthermore, I would like to ask if I should change anything else in order PVsyst recognize the correct azimuth. When i don't choose the choice "Apply 180 rotation".

Because in image that i attach below i defined from 3d schene dialog Azimuth 0 degrees. But the one panel cover the other. By default in this system PVsyst defined the azimuth -90 degrees, which i don't want in my simulation because changes the results. (second image) 

Thank you.

image.png

image.png

Hello Michalis,

At the top of the "PV objects" section you can choose between "Best azimuth", "Longest edge" and "East/West" to help PVsyst identify the correct azimuth.

The "Apply 180° rotation" can be useful if for example your project is in the Southern Hemisphere.

Posted (edited)

Hello Stephane,

I had tried all that you suggested me, but I still encounterinng the same problem.

May I should change something related to parametrs in the picture below?

image.png.a5c68cf3152d13d304a8a332f03d6f3a.png

Also, i had chosen portrait for the module orientaition but in 3d schene panels appear in landscape orientation.

Have you any idea how to find a solution about this?

image.png

Edited by Michalis Angeli

Hello Michalis. The issue is probably coming from the DAE file but it is difficult to answer without having access to it. You can send us the file you are trying to import by email to support@pvsyst.com and we will have a closer look.