I want to simulate a fixed tilt and a HSAT (Horizontal single axis tracking ) both at a single simulation

hritik

while selecting an orientation, i want to simulate for HSAT and Fixed tilt both. How can i do the simulation for both cases in a single simulation.

Secondly, does it possible to select the both the losses in a single simulation? 

MV Line Loss 0.50%
MV Line Voltage 33kV

IDT Loss 0.10%, 0.90%

HV Line Voltage 400kV
HV Transformer Loss 0.04%, 0.23%

400kV Transmission Line Loss

There is any way i can take both MV and HV losses

0.15%

Hi everybody,

For a project that includes both fixed structures and trackers, if it is done with separate variants, one variant for fixed structures, and another variant for tracker structures, how can the PR of the Photovoltaic system be determined in general? What implications would there be for simulating the same system in parts? Is the PR averaged between the values given by each variant? Would the energy production of the system be the result of the arithmetic sum of each variant?

First of all: the simulation with 2 different kinds of orientation (tracking and fixed planes) will be possible with the version 8, to be released within some few months.

Now for getting a merged performance ratio  betweem 2 different simulations, you should come back to the PR basic definition  (cf Help  "Project design > Results > Performance Ratio"):

PR  =  E_Grid  /  (GlobInc * PnomPV)

You shoud add each components from both projects: 

PR (glob) =  (E_Grid1 + E_Grid2) / (GlobInc1 * PNomPV1 + GlobInc2 * PNomPV2).

Hi André,

Thank you very much for your response. I am also grateful for the clarification on how to determine the PR (Performance Ratio) of a project divided according to the type of support structures for the photovoltaic modules.

Best regards.

On 7/8/2024 at 3:22 AM, André Mermoud said:

First of all: the simulation with 2 different kinds of orientation (tracking and fixed planes) will be possible with the version 8, to be released within some few months.

Now for getting a merged performance ratio  betweem 2 different simulations, you should come back to the PR basic definition  (cf Help  "Project design > Results > Performance Ratio"):

PR  =  E_Grid  /  (GlobInc * PnomPV)

You shoud add each components from both projects: 

PR (glob) =  (E_Grid1 + E_Grid2) / (GlobInc1 * PNomPV1 + GlobInc2 * PNomPV2).

Thank you for the clarification on how to determine a Global PR for the same large-scale photovoltaic system (75MWp installed) with a mix of both fixed and tracker structures. Based on the simulation results (see attached image), specifically the loss diagram, which irradiation should be used in the formula? The GHI or the effective irradiation on the collectors? My questions arise because independently, with the area that has fixed structures (22MWp installed) a PR of 82.85% is obtained with an energy production of 36212.85MWh/year, while with tracker structures (53MWp installed) a PR of 80.84% is achieved with an energy production of 102126.12MWh/year.
I greatly appreciate your kind response and cooperation on this matter.

image.thumb.png.81db44371695ba79038a6403bd7b2752.png

33 minutes ago, dtarin said:

You can take a weighted average of the PRs. 

Thank you for your appreciation, but is it possible? Even when the utilization of irradiance is different between fixed structure and tracker structure? Again, thank you for your attention and technical support.

3 hours ago, Edwin Tellez said:

Thank you for the clarification on how to determine a Global PR for the same large-scale photovoltaic system (75MWp installed) with a mix of both fixed and tracker structures. Based on the simulation results (see attached image), specifically the loss diagram, which irradiation should be used in the formula? The GHI or the effective irradiation on the collectors? My questions arise because independently, with the area that has fixed structures (22MWp installed) a PR of 82.85% is obtained with an energy production of 36212.85MWh/year, while with tracker structures (53MWp installed) a PR of 80.84% is achieved with an energy production of 102126.12MWh/year.
I greatly appreciate your kind response and cooperation on this matter.

image.thumb.png.81db44371695ba79038a6403bd7b2752.png

Additionally, applying the formula (PR (glob) =  (E_Grid1 + E_Grid2) / (GlobInc1 * PNomPV1 + GlobInc2 * PNomPV2).) is giving a higher PR (85.37% using the effective irradiation and a PR of 91.92% using GHI) than the PR obtained in each case respectively. Is that correct? Thank you for your support and collaboration.

The  basic irradiation used for the PR evaluation is GlobInc, not GlobHor.

I.e. the global incident on the collector plane. This is the irradiance value after the transposition.

For example, in your first system:  GlobInc = GlobHor * (1 + Global in collector coefficient) = 1994 kWh/m2 * 118.2 % = 2357 kWh/m2

This GlobInc value is also available on the monthly table.