3D simulation of open space with different orientations

Hello everyone!
We want to build a large open space with PV and I am supposed to enter the system in PVSyst for the yield calculation. The open space consists of 6 different areas, which all have a slightly different orientation from each other, so that 6 individual areas are created. Now I would like to display these areas in PVSyst in the close shading (3D).
Unfortunately, I am having difficulties entering the different row lengths and formats of the open areas correctly. Is there a simple way to do this?
So far, I have tried to create different objects with infinite rows and bring them together using the "Shift" tool. Unfortunately, this works very badly as soon as an azimuth deviation is added. It is also very small.
Is there a way to define individual rows (how many modules next to each other) and then the distances between these rows?

Many thanks in advance and best regards
Finn

Hello Finn,

Have you tried using the Zone editing tool in PVsyst? It can help you design rows of tables within a defined zone. Here's how you can do it:

1. Create a Zone: First, create a zone in the 3D scene. You can choose a rectangle, polygon, or free shape depending on your layout.

2. Define Rows and Spacing: Within the created zone, you can define the rows of tables. Use the "Pitch" parameter to set the space between tables in a row, and the "Tables spacing" parameter to set the distance between the rows.

3. Adjust Orientation: If your areas have different orientations, you can create separate zones for each orientation and adjust the azimuth and tilt accordingly for each zone.

image.thumb.png.b6c61caed643023ae497255c9cfb2676.png

This method should give you more control over the layout and make it easier to manage different orientations and spacing.

If you encounter any specific issues, feel free to share more details, and we can assist you further.

Best regards,