LID + useful life of a photovoltaic module

Hi,

I have three concerns regarding the LID factor and how it influences the performance of the photovoltaic modules:

1. How long does the LID effect last in the useful life of a photovoltaic module?

2. Should the LID parameter be maintained during all the years of operation of the photovoltaic module?

3. For a type N photovoltaic module, what LID value is advisable to use in the simulation?

Thanks for your time.

Dear Edwin, 

I can suggest you to read this post:

The LID effect only arises with conventional p-type boron-doped wafers. Unconventional technologies using n-type doped wafers (as for example SunPower mono-facial cells) are not affected.  

LID is a loss of performances arising in the very first hours of exposition to the sun, with Crystalline modules. It may namely affect the real performance with respect to the final factory flash tests data delivered by some PV module providers.

This loss is permanent over the entire lifespan of the PV module.

Regards,

Muhammed Sarikaya

In my experience, Ga-doped modules are still susceptible to LID, and I have also seen LID loss in TOPCon tests. The LID loss for these types are less than p-type boron-doped modules, but I have not seen zero LID in Ga-doped or N-type TOPCon modules. I am not familiar with HJT type modules. 

1 hour ago, dtarin said:

In my experience, Ga-doped modules are still susceptible to LID, and I have also seen LID loss in TOPCon tests. The LID loss for these types are less than p-type boron-doped modules, but I have not seen zero LID in Ga-doped or N-type TOPCon modules. I am not familiar with HJT type modules. 

Hi dtarin,

What percentages of losses due to LID have been evident in type N modules?