LID and first year degradation loss

Loreta

I am not sure how to take into account the LID and the degradation loss in the first year for P-type. I know what these values mean.

If we run the simulation in the first year, we need to consider

(1): LID only.

(2): or LID + first year ageing

And in this case, where should the first year degradation value be considered? within LID?

Example: from the data sheet we have a first year degradation of 2%, how do I have to consider this value?

And in case of n-type, where LID is zero but first year degradation is 1%, where do I have to put this value?

thanks

The LID is a loss which arises in the first hours of the array exposition. Therefore it is "present" in any simulation, whatever the simulated year.

The aging is applied to each year, as a "yearly degradation".  The loss due to the aging  for the first year is the average between the beginning and the end of the year. I.e. a yearly loss parameter of -0.4% will induce an aging loss of 0.2% for the first year, 0.6% for the second year, etc.

The value mentioned on the datasheets have nothing to do with the average aging degradation. These are the warranty of power for any module in the array.

Please see the help  " Project design > Array and system losses > Ageing, PV modules degradation "

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2023 at 11:26 PM, André Mermoud said:

The LID is a loss which arises in the first hours of the array exposition. Therefore it is "present" in any simulation, whatever the simulated year.

The aging is applied to each year, as a "yearly degradation".  The loss due to the aging  for the first year is the average between the beginning and the end of the year. I.e. a yearly loss parameter of -0.4% will induce an aging loss of 0.2% for the first year, 0.6% for the second year, etc.

The value mentioned on the datasheets have nothing to do with the average aging degradation. These are the warranty of power for any module in the array.

Please see the help  " Project design > Array and system losses > Ageing, PV modules degradation "

With this, on which part of the software simulation should these data from manufacturer matter?