Module layout arrangement in a polygonal field layout

azein

Hi,

I am using polygonal field to draw a complex PV roof. By default, PVsyst arranges the modules as in the drawing below to the left. The way I want it is on the right hand side of the image below. I tried all the possibilities of "module Arrangements" in the "Module Layouts", with no success.

Is it possible to have the modules as in the right image?

ModuleLayout.jpg.11857e7fdf420c5c835f23000ee2ffbd.jpg

Many thanks,

Adnan

ps. I noticed that if the polygonal field "summits" defined in the shading scene contains negative coordinates (X ,Y), then in the "Module Layout", the area of this field would not be correctly read. Defining only "positive" coordinates resolves this problem, but maybe you should give it a small fix. (2nd image as illustration)

ModuleLayout2.jpg.913cbe968812c4d9a320948127a4635b.jpg

Well, actually the latter problem mentioned seems to be more complicated than just positive/negative coordinates.

As shown in the image below, the polygonal field is not correctly translated in the "module layout" for any "large" field.

If I stick to something lower than about 14mx14m in the first quadrant, the translation is done correctly.

Once I go bigger than this area, the translation becomes wrong (does not fit into the screen, and the "grayed" area, where the modules are placed, is reduced)

ModuleLayout3.thumb.jpg.2421a774ff3bfc07938ddac06ca019f8.jpg

For the first problem of disposition:

Putting modules in several orientations on a same shading object is really not easy to do, and we decided not to allow this.

This is a relatively rare case, and it doesn't justify the big amount of development.

However you can always redefine your planes as independent rectangular areas, for portrait and for landscape modules dispositions.

For the area calculation error:

I will check in the program

For the third problem of deformation:

This is only a display problem, the filed area itself is not affected.

We will also check this for a next version.

By the way we are just elaborating a tool for the direct positioning of modules during the 3D shading development stage.

It will become possible to redefine the polygonal field as the envilope of the real modules, positioned by mouse.

For the first problem of disposition:

Putting modules in several orientations on a same shading object is really not easy to do, and we decided not to allow this.

This is a relatively rare case, and it doesn't justify the big amount of development.

However you can always redefine your planes as independent rectangular areas, for portrait and for landscape modules dispositions.

It's the same orientation for all the modules, but I have to shift some raws half a panel length so that it fits

As for redefining the planes as independent rectangular areas, it is true I can do that. I would like to suggest that you add a "multi--selection" tool in the 3d shading, and a "grouping" tool, so that for example we can draw one part and then copy paste it elsewhere, but I think it would be a waste of time to develop complex drawing functions now, especially if you are planing to integrate a sketshup import function...

For the area calculation error:

I will check in the program

For the third problem of deformation:

This is only a display problem, the filed area itself is not affected.

We will also check this for a next version.

By the way we are just elaborating a tool for the direct positioning of modules during the 3D shading development stage.

It will become possible to redefine the polygonal field as the envilope of the real modules, positioned by mouse.

That would be great, thanks for all your efforts, Cheers