Battery Sizing

Bryan Joshua

Hello there,

Could you please explain how PVsyst calculates stored energy (90% DOD)? When the entire number of containers is multiplied by the 2752kWhr rated capacity of the BESS I'm using, the result is 4513.28MWhr x 0.90% DOD. I also attempt to use the rated capacity on the.BTR file, but it is inconsistent.

image.png.6e639cdf947eac5c1817d674ff623280.png

In PVsyst the relevant capacity parameter is th C10 value. It may be slightly different from the rated capacity, usually set for 0.2C (discharge in 5 hours) or 0.5C (discharge in 2 hours). 

In the above dialog: the stored energy is calculated from the global values just mentoned above:  9830 V * 473960 Ah * 0.9 = 4193.295 MWh.

However, in your screenshot, I can't understand the global capacity value of 473'960 Ah. The product  13'872 * 205 in parallel gives 2'843'760 Ah, i.e. as if there were 6 racks in parallel in your Battery pack. I can't reproduce this problem on my PVsyst installation. Probably there is something incoherent in the definition of your battery file. Please send it to us   (support@pvsyst.com),  in order that we can analyse this problem.