Simulate E-Battery

Olivier6767

I'm trying to simulate the use of an e-Battery service.
In France we have Urban Solar and MyLight proposing these services.

In order to simulate the charging and de-charging of the E-Battery, I created a custom battery model with 1000 kW of capacity. I minimized the losses as much as possible in the battery parameters.
However in the simulation, the battery always starts with a SoC of 0.34 (34%). But in reality my E-Battery will be empty at the beginning.
Is there a way to define the initial SoC of the battery in pvsyst ? I would like to put it as low as possible.

Also is there a plan to have a better way to simulate an E-Battery ?
It could use the current Battery model, with a specific battery type with unlimited capacity and no loss.

Thanks,
Olivier

Please explain in detail what you name  "E-Battery service". 

In PVsyst, you can define a "Universal" battery with any specified  voltage and capacity.

This will have a "reasonable" average behaviour. I don't see why you are minimizing the losses. These are the reality of a system.

Now when using a battery in a PV system, this is usually for charge/discharge cycles of the order of one or very few days. Therefore on a yearly simulation, the initial state doesn't have a significant influence. However you can specify the initial charge state in the advanced parameters, topic "Batteries", item "Initial SOC for the simulation".

An E-Battery is basically your energy provider taking your surplus and allowing you to consume it back for a small fee or for free, depending on the provider.
For simulation purposes it works like a 'big' battery storage, but because it's not a real battery (Lead Acid or Lithium) it does not need all to account for all the parameters like temperature, deep discharge, etc...

How can I define a 'universal' battery, I did not find this.

• 6 months later...