Include both power limits: at inverter and at POI

JBCA

Hello!

I am trying to implement power limitations both at the inverter and the POI. While the latter is needed for the contractual injection limit at the POI, the former is needed for enforcing the dynamic P/Q curve of the project across the expected temp and voltage ranges at the site - a requirement placed by the regulators. Both limits need to be stacked and may result in different yields than just using the POI limit. 

It seems the power limitation under energy management only allows to pick one of the two. Is there a way to implement both of them? Or would that require changing the inverter .ond? (if yes, what consequences would those changes to the .ond have?).

Happy for any suggestion ?

Thank you!

-Jan  

The simulation works exacly in this way:  the individual inverter limitations are applied first.

And if the grid limit imposes an additional restriction, it will be accounted as "Unused loss" in the loss diagram (provided that you have specified "Accounted as separated loss" in the grid limiting dialog).

If you uncheck   "Accounted as separated loss", all the losses will be accounted as inverter losses.

47 minutes ago, André Mermoud said:

The simulation works exacly in this way:  the individual inverter limitations are applied first.

I'm not sure I fully understand. How do I set the individual inverter limitations? 

47 minutes ago, André Mermoud said:

And if the grid limit imposes an additional restriction, it will be accounted as "Unused loss" in the loss diagram (provided that you have specified "Accounted as separated loss" in the grid limiting dialog).

If you uncheck   "Accounted as separated loss", all the losses will be accounted as inverter losses.

And are you saying both are automatically applied? Is there a way to see which one is creating the losses?

To me the Grid power limitation window indicates an "or"-checklist to either pick "limit applied at the inverter level" or "limit applied at the injection point".

Or am I misunderstanding you?

It is indeed an OR function. You can apply your grid limit as defined in the menu at the inverter or the injection point after AC losses, but not both. To do both, export the 8760 and set different limits in excel: 1st at the inverter, then apply AC losses, then apply POI grid limit.