Off Grid projects

Philclo

Hi,

We purchased a licence to dimension and simulate significant PV projects in MEA in countries where we do have some DataCenters and sites

I have not been able to use PVSYST for an Off grid project (Datacenter) the same way I use to (for On Grid); For exemaple I have several orientations for PV panels ...

Is this correct or am I missing something here ?

I am also surprised not to have some PV modules dated from 2020/2021 listed ; For example SunPower Maxeon SPR P5, I needed to create it in DB

Thanks

Philippe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Stand-alone systems are always organized around a battery storage:

- a PV array charges the battery or directly delivers its power to the user.

- the user's needs (consumption) should be well defined, with its daily profile (i.e. in hourly values).

At each hour, the simulation performs  a balance between the PV production (depending on the irradiance) and the user's needs. The difference should be derived in the battery, either positively (charge) or negatively (discharge).

This energy balance is controlled by a controller. The role of the controller is to handle the energy flux, mainly for the protection of the battery:

-  When the battery is full, the PV array should be disconnected.

-  When  the battery is empty, the user should be disconnected.

Stand alone systems in PVsyst don't yet allow multiple orientations to be defined.

In this case, you can simulate via Grid Connected system by putting a load profile and Storage (battery).

We update the database using the requests of the manufacturers, and publish it with each new issue of PVsyst.

We can't of course follow all the new products of all manufacturers in the world.  We don't want to include data without the acknowledgement of the manufacturer.

Nevertheless you can easily create your own components by yourself. The easiest way is to choose a similar existing device in the database, modify its parameters according to the manufacturer's datasheets, and save it under a new name, therefore creating a new file in your database.

You have a tutorial for that on youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/c/PVsystTutos,   page  Component database