Generating report: File not found or could not be opened

Scrchd

Hello,

I have a problem with the simulation report in PVsyst. Everytime I try to generate one, I get this message: "File not found or could not be opened". It is worth noting that I didn't get this message on older versions, only when I updated to 7.2.12. I've tried switching workplaces and re-installing PVsyst, but it did not work. Thanks in advance for any help!

Have a nice day!

reportproblem1.thumb.PNG.c2a8d7b0a8c6a5a3785969fedae3b863.PNG

Pop-up

Dear Scrchd,

This is a known issue that happens with users that have non-ansi characters in their username in Windows, due to the external library we use to display PDFs in PVsyst... the issue is already fixed internally, we will publish a new version as soon as possible.

In the meantime, there are a few workarounds that you can try:

- reinstall version 7.2.11 (uninstall version 7.2.12, then reinstall 7.2.11: https://www.pvsyst.com/download/bin/PVsyst-7.2.11.24303-setup.exe you will not lose anything by doing so)

- or create a new user on windows that only contains characters in the A-Z range just to generate the PDF

- or when you get the error message, keep it open and browse in Explorer to “C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\PVsyst\Temp\” (replace ***** by your user name) where you will find the temporary PDF file that was created. Copy this PDF somewhere else, and rename it the way you want. When you press “Ok” in the error message, the temporary PDF is deleted (hence why you need to copy it somewhere else).

Dear Scrchd,

This is a known issue that happens with users that have non-ansi characters in their username in Windows, due to the external library we use to display PDFs in PVsyst... the issue is already fixed internally, we will publish a new version as soon as possible.

In the meantime, there are a few workarounds that you can try:

- reinstall version 7.2.11 (uninstall version 7.2.12, then reinstall 7.2.11: https://www.pvsyst.com/download/bin/PVsyst-7.2.11.24303-setup.exe you will not lose anything by doing so)

- or create a new user on windows that only contains characters in the A-Z range just to generate the PDF

- or when you get the error message, keep it open and browse in Explorer to “C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\PVsyst\Temp\” (replace ***** by your user name) where you will find the temporary PDF file that was created. Copy this PDF somewhere else, and rename it the way you want. When you press “Ok” in the error message, the temporary PDF is deleted (hence why you need to copy it somewhere else).

Thank you very much. First solution worked :)

• 7 months later...