Grid-connected PV system design

Abdel

Hi,

I have asked here in this forum a lot of questions , but unfortunately I didn't get any help or answer from PVsyst team or from other colleagues.

Hopefully, I can get help for my question this time . Please can anyone explain to me this matter in PVsyst because I lost??

The problem as follows:

In Grid-connected PV system, in "system window" , then in "pre-sizing help" there are two options as shown in the figure "enter planned power" and another option is "available area (modules)". Now let's assume that I want to install PV system in specific location that have specific building area as an example "3472 m2".

Now in this case if I want to choose the first option "enter Planned power" . The question is How can I now that the entered power is suitable for this area ??? what is the relationship here between the area of the building and the entered Power?? Also , if I choose another option "available area (modules)" . this area related to the area on PV modules which is not related to the area on the location. How can I define suitable "available area (modules)" based on the location area ??

Capture.thumb.JPG.e371fe00c65ddd8c1e1428605356992f.JPG

Hi Abdel, I understand the options are quite simple. You can choose one of the two options depending on your specific limitation.

If you choose "Planned Power" you assume that there is sufficient space for the PV modules - you can check the required space afterwards.

If you choose "Available Area" the surface area is limited and you need to fit in as much PV modules as possible.

You can't select both. Power and Area is related by the type of PV module you select.

Hi Abdel, I understand the options are quite simple. You can choose one of the two options depending on your specific limitation.

If you choose "Planned Power" you assume that there is sufficient space for the PV modules - you can check the required space afterwards.

If you choose "Available Area" the surface area is limited and you need to fit in as much PV modules as possible.

You can't select both. Power and Area is related by the type of PV module you select.

Hi Basson,

Thank you for your explanation!

I understood that I must choose one out of these two options "planned power and available area" , but my problem is that, if I have choose as an example "available area" which refers to the PV modules area (without considering the tilt angle and the distances between the PV modules rows) , then in this case How I can estimate this option based on my building area?

in simple words for example in Helioscope software , you define specific area then the software set the PV modules based on available building area ,defined tilt angle and rows distances . now if we compare this to PVsyst , how I can do the same logic ?

• 2 years later...

kWp means 'KiloWatt peak' and refers to the nominal power of the PV modules, which is given for 1000 W/m2 of irradiance. This is close to the maximum power you would expect at full sun, therefore the term 'peak'.

This is used in the context of the PV modules, meaning the DC part of the PV system. If you are talking about the inverter nominal output you will see kWac or kVA being used.