Bifacial fraction affecting current

Mparker29

I am working on a ground mount that uses bifacial modules, so presumably that will increase the current throughout the string of modules. What I am trying to find out is how much will the current be affected. Would this value be found in the Module Data sheet or PAN file, or does PVsyst spit out a value for this based on all the variables that affect energy coming from the back side of the module?

I am working on a ground mount that uses bifacial modules, so presumably that will increase the current throughout the string of modules. What I am trying to find out is how much will the current be affected. Would this value be found in the Module Data sheet or PAN file, or does PVsyst spit out a value for this based on all the variables that affect energy coming from the back side of the module?

What PVsyst does is it calculates the rear-side irradiance contribution, adds this irradiance gain to the front side irradiance, and then computes the generation using the combined irradiance. The current and energy values reported by PVsyst will consider this total irradiance (rear side + front side).

If you would like to find out how the rear irradiance affects current, you can try this:

• Run a bifacial simulation, output in the 8760 current

• Run a monofacial simulation for the same variant (just disable bifacial under system, use the same module); output current

• Compare the current output for each run

Voltage seems to also be slightly affected.