No answers on forum from PVsyst team

MicheleANE

Dear all,

It's month I don't see any answer to any question here on the forum from PVsyst members.

Is this a forum problem or is it actually absence of PVsyst people?

PVsyst forum has been a valuable mean of communication and it would be a pity to let it die.

Thanks for your consideration and Best regards

Michele

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for bringing this to attention. I have noticed the next to zero feedback as well from PVsyst, and moreover no reply to this thread. It would be great if PVsyst could provide a comment on their lack of attention here. Between no proper documentation for updates and no comments here, each update brings more unanswered questions.

The main aim of the forum is to provide a communication link between PVsyst users.

If we have taken the habit of answering many questions, it is not an obligation.

I was personnally very busy these last weeks, so that I indeed neglected this channel.

When you have specific questions (and especially bug reports) the normal channel is our support@pvsyst.com service.

NB: I don't understand well the assertion "No proper documentation for updates". It seems that we do our best for documenting the evolution of the softtware, with the release notes, the help, the FAQ, some tutorials, etc.

Thank you for the response. When new features are introduced or changes are made, there is a delay in the help notes being updated. Since knowing more about the changes is beneficial to all users, it is useful to come to the forums so others can understand them at the same time. Some recent examples which come to mind were the changes made to soiling ("Deep review of soiling treatment"), and the irradiance optimization tracking method. The documentation in 6.8 covers the irradiance optimization strategy, but when it was released, users were not aware of what it entailed, and thus came to the forums for clarification.

Thanks for your reply.

I was using the forum to report bugs and ask info because doing so it contributes to common knowledge and you just have to answer once each item.

From now on I will report by email hoping for a prompt response.

Best regards

The main aim of the forum is to provide a communication link between PVsyst users.

If we have taken the habit of answering many questions, it is not an obligation.

I was personnally very busy these last weeks, so that I indeed neglected this channel.

When you have specific questions (and especially bug reports) the normal channel is our support@pvsyst.com service.

While I understand you have no obligation to revert to users' posts on the forum it seems odd to me to have a "Problems/Bugs" section if it is expected that new users implicitly understand this fact. The forums would seem to be a natural place to gather bug reports and then publicly respond for all to see - also saving you having to deal with multiple emails for the same issue - just my two cents.