Batch Import of Meteo Files

dtarin

• 2 weeks later...

This would require a specific tool for each source of Meteo data, which are all different.

For getting many of them, a manual manipulation (on the web) is often necessary.

Very few offer an API for a direct import, and the use of such API is not yet implemented in PVsyst.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Andre.

It is not clear to me a specific tool is necessary. All of the specific tools for the different meteo sources are already in place. I think all that is missing is the automation end from PVsyst and how to handle the inputs. I think on the PVsyst end, perhaps the only modifications are what to name the file, and which files to select. The data source is the same for all files imported, and the time zone can be retrieved from the web service for each file. If a user directs the program to a directory containing N TMY3 files, and selects TMY3 as the data source type, perhaps PVsyst can use the file name as the site name and weather file name, and simply step through the process for each file.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I'd like to echo 'solarguru'. The geographic/meteo file import can be a fairly time-consuming processing. A way to process all files in a directory and especially to do so for ASCII files. If you could pull lat/long data from files in the conversion process, create a geographic site automatically from that, and then create the meteo site using the file name that would be awesome.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
Agreed. Right now, the number of clicks to create these never-used .sit files and rename .met files is just wonderfully confusing...and then you realize you named the filename different than the description and can't find it later. These .sit files aren't even exported when exporting projects to boot.

• 1 year later...
I agree this feature would be extremely helpful. I regularly have to import dozens of years of time series data for multiple sites. Even if I could run a batch for uploading multiple years of weather data for 1 site from the same source it would be a significant time saver.