PVsyst's forum

Welcome on PVsyst's forum.
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:15 pm

All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:47 pm 

Is it possible to do basic "peak shifting" for a given DC coupled inverter and battery file? What I mean is, store PV energy that would otherwise be clipped in a battery, and then us the extra to extend the AC production for the system into the afternoon as the peak sun window closes for that day? I have tried to use the peak shaving storage scheme to produce this effect but the batteries don't charge at all and the extra energy is still clipped.

Do I need to modify the inverter file, or the storage scheme? What am I missing here?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:56 pm 

What you need is indeed provided by the "Grid system", using the "Grid storage" option, "Peak shaving".

However this option doesn't define a DC converter in parallel with the Inverter yet. The Inverter is supposed to deliver the extra-power for the battery, so that it should be sized for accepting the peak power during the best days.

We will develop this feature in a next version. In the mean time, the results with an oversized inverter sould be quite equivalent to a separate DC converter.