PVsyst's forum

Welcome on PVsyst's forum.
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:18 pm

All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:36 pm 

I have a ~600kWdc ground mount system model where I've imported CSV ground data representing the terrain and used the "position tables on scene" for the near shadings scene. I'm able to run the simulation fine and see the results overview, but whenever I try to produce the report PVsyst crashes. I've tried the same with other systems, and this problem seems to keep occurring for any models I create where I am importing ground data and positioning the tables according to the scene - however it doesn't crash if I save it directly to PDF and uncheck the Near Shading box which removes it from the report. For any less complex shading scenes where I haven't imported anything into the near shadings model, I haven't witnessed any crashing when generating the report.

Any idea why this may be happening and how I can resolve this issue? I'm using the latest version of PVsyst (V6.72)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:29 pm 

I would check graphics card drivers, install a different pdf program, and instead of saving to pdf, print it to pdf like cute pdf, etc.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:14 pm 

Thanks, but no luck unfortunately. The program crashes regardless of which application I use to export to PDF, even when printing to PDF using different options (and printing in general). It only happens when I incorporate imported ground objects and/or have complex near shading scenes. Perhaps an integrated GPU is not sufficient? My machine runs the actual PVsyst as well as AutoCAD pretty smoothly, meets minimum requirements, and has a Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM and PVsyst ONLY crashes when trying to generate this report under these conditions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 pm 

Hello,

It is indeed quite odd that PVsyst is unable to generate the shadings picture for the report if it is able to display the scene in the edition dialog properly ...
Can you test it on another computer ? (maybe one with a better graphics card, as you mentioned)
If not, please export the project and send it to us at support@pvsyst.com, we'll try to check it on our side.