PVsyst's forum

Welcome on PVsyst's forum.
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:27 pm

All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:22 pm 

Hi Team,
I m trying to Run a simulation for floating solar, so What are the parameters to be considered.
and if we change Uc & Uv values or Albedo what will be the result. and any chances that pvsyst will include Floating solar parameter.
\
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:15 pm 

Please see our FAQ How to adapt PVsyst to floating systems ?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:42 am 

Hi,

Please let me know the formula to calculate "Uc" with the recorded module temperature. People are claiming that the increment in energy units of a floating solar power plant is around 5% to 7% when compared to the energy units generated by land based projects but when I tried to arrive at the increment of 5% by altering the Uc value, the value required to be entered was around "80". This value seems to be very high to me hence, I need the actual formula used to calculate the Uc value from the module temperature. Please respond.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:56 pm 

Quote:
Hi,

Please let me know the formula to calculate "Uc" with the recorded module temperature. People are claiming that the increment in energy units of a floating solar power plant is around 5% to 7% when compared to the energy units generated by land based projects but when I tried to arrive at the increment of 5% by altering the Uc value, the value required to be entered was around "80". This value seems to be very high to me hence, I need the actual formula used to calculate the Uc value from the module temperature. Please respond.

Thanks.
Hi André Mermoud,

Kindly advise how to calculate this Uc and Uv values because right now the recommended values are as is, with no formula to understand how to move forward from those arbitrary values. I am also looking to find a suitable parameter for floating solar thermal losses.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:07 am 

The albedo of water is pretty low, but unlike most surfaces under PV arrays water can reflect direct sunlight onto the modules as well as diffuse. I don't think PVSyst has a way to model this.