PVsyst's forum

Welcome on PVsyst's forum.
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:12 am

All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:45 pm 

I tried using the new NSRDB Data Viewer and located my site, went to Data Download (Point) and selected MTS1 and MTS2 tabs to retrieve TMY2 or TMY3 files. I receive a download but I receive format errors on import into PVSYST. I also noted that I do not see this option (from the Help File) - "Import Meteo Data"/”NREL National Solar Resource Database” . Was this removed in version 6.34? I am using US TMY2 and TMY3 and it throws errors.

Error:
Conversion error of string "Source" => LongInt and then it continues with additional ones for "State", etc.

I assume that something is incorrect in the header but I want to be sure that I am using the proper file and import option.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:06 pm 

Is NSRDB support going to be added now that Solar Prospector is no longer going to be supported, and is scheduled to be decomissioned?
Quote:
"The Solar Prospector tool is no longer actively supported and is scheduled to be decommissioned on September 30, 2016. Please use the National Solar Radiation Database (NSRDB) to access NREL solar geospatial data going forward. If you have a need for the Solar Prospector tool to remain active, contact us at solar.tools@nrel.gov."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:04 pm 

I too am having this problem. Solar Prospector is no longer working and I am getting the same error messages when trying to import data from the NSRDB Viewer. I am using PVsyst 6.47.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:09 am 

Dear sir,

Presently the data extracted from the NREL viewer can not be read in PVSyst (as written in the help - Meteo Database > Import meteo data > NREL's National Solar Radiation Database (NSRD) > Importing NREL'S data)

However this functionnality will be developped in the future. We will keep you informed on this post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:12 pm 

Dear all,

Waiting for our development in the Databases\Import Meteo data section, please find attached a .Mef file for NREL/PSM data processing, to use with the tool "Import ASCII meteo file".

Remember that with this tool you have to define a .SIT file first.

Best regards,
Jean-Marie Feppon

Attachments:
Format_NRELViewer_PSM_SEQ.7z [419 Bytes]
Downloaded 1121 times

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:05 pm 

Jean-Marie,

When downloading the data from the viewer, which data do we select on the PSM tab beyond the GHI described in the instructions? Particularly in the "Years" section. Do we select from PSM tab or MTS2? Thank you for the clarification.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:29 pm 

Quote:
Jean-Marie,

When downloading the data from the viewer, which data do we select on the PSM tab beyond the GHI described in the instructions? Particularly in the "Years" section. Do we select from PSM tab or MTS2? Thank you for the clarification.
You will select TMY from the PSM tab. I select the items in the picture attached.

Attachments:
PSM.PNG
PSM.PNG [ 72.22 KiB | Viewed 13620 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:14 pm 

Solarguru,

Thank you for the response. Do you have to change the data field numbers in the *.MEF file? They are not lining up properly we looking at the fields in the file

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:26 am 

SolarJ,

You may have to do it. The template i attached is a "typical" template, perhaps some modifications need to be done (order in columns, etc).

You can write us at support@PVSyst.Com, i will come back to you.

Regards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:07 pm 

Here is my MEF file you can try.

Attachments:
NREL PSM 5.zip [377 Bytes]
Downloaded 395 times