PVsyst's forum

Welcome on PVsyst's forum.
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:19 am

All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:49 pm 

Brief summary - please figure out a way to allow PVSyst to be run through a remote desktop. I would be willing to pay for a special license for this feature given that my team and i will be working remotely for an unknown period of time.

I have a large team so all of our PVSyst files (MET, PAN, SIT, etc) are stored on a network drive so we are all synchronized across users. We all have desktop PC's running PVSyst which was fine until the COVID-19 outbreak prevented us from working in the office. We have installed PVSyst on our laptops but it runs very slowly across the network due to the number of projects in our system. I would like to have the ability to run the full program through remote desktop so I can perform my work efficiently.

There are alternative programs which do not have this limitation - but unfortunately PVSyst is the only mainstream program banks and investors will accept.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:23 pm 

Same! Though we don't need the network license functionality. Following this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:01 am 

This would be a nice feature and very useful at this time.

For your initial issue of having all of your Pvsyst files centrally located on a network, have you thought about using DropBox or some other similar app where you keep your teams PVsyst files, instead of your work network? It is pretty fast when your internet connection is decent, and changes to files would be saved pretty quickly. In the event you are without internet connection, they'll update any changes once connected. Copies are stored locally on your machine so there isnt any performance issue when accessing them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:52 am 

What happens after you dismiss the warnings?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:19 pm 

It goes to DEMO mode. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:48 am 

To do this we usually keep the desktop on and connect to it using chrome remote desktop and use pvsyst this way.
Best regards

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:11 pm 

@solarguru - that is an interesting idea, we will need to try that. We have about 2500 .MET files in our library (we run historical production analysis on many of our sites and each year is a separate MET file), so it would at least tell us if it's a network issue vs. the program itself having to read through each MET file when a project is opened.

@MicheleANA - the downside of that is if the remote PC restarts, PVSyst will only run in demo mode once we start it up again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:53 pm 

I'll private message a work around I've used. I wish I would have read this sooner since some time has past now.