PVsyst's forum

Welcome on PVsyst's forum.
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:23 am

All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:17 pm 

Hi,

I am looking to model a single-axis tracking (SAT) system with backtracking. I am doing this by placing one field with 'two' tracker rows (reference) and other fields having one 'individual' row. Based on the release notes from 6.7.9 it looks like we can now model backtracking with single tracker rows - "..allowed trackers with a single table to inherit backtracking parameters from the reference tracker.."

However, I am still seeing inter-row shading with the set-up described above in a shade scene on the individual tracker rows, with the backtracking parameters (row pitch, collector width etc.,) all being the same for all the rows. Should I be manually selecting a tracker field as reference? or have I misunderstood this new update?

Would be great if I can get this clarified. Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:47 am 

Hello,

Where are you seeing the shading? In the waterfall, or in the shadings animation in the shade scene? I just tested in 6.7.9, and I have a single tracker next to a two row tracker, and backtracking is working for me. As you can see, I have selected the single tracker, showing it is not part of the first two rows. 0 shading in the shadings diagram to the right, as well as 0 electrical effect in the waterfall. Maybe your tracker isnt spaced exactly.

Attachments:
backtrackign one table.jpg
backtrackign one table.jpg [ 138.07 KiB | Viewed 1372 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:48 am 

Solarguru,

Thanks for the response. It looks like some of my rows were not equidistant, albeit repeatedly trying to make it all the same. It did not save the values properly I suppose (Ugghh!). I re-ran the scene and the shading animation works fine, showing zero beam loss. Nevertheless, this is a very important update for users when modeling SAT tracker projects at a variable terrain site. This feature will help quantify the shading losses due to terrain undulations better than before in PVsyst.