PVsyst's forum

Welcome on PVsyst's forum.
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:01 am

All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:52 pm 

I had a question about the detailed computation of DC ohmic losses.

The average lengths per circuit for 1) string module connections, 2) connections to main box and 3) main box to inverter are required. My understanding of the relevant cabling lengths associated with each of these circuits is as follows:

1) String module connections: length of cabling along a string plus the average cabling length from the positive pole of a string to a combiner box plus the average cabling length from the negative pole of a string to a combiner box.

2) Connections to main box: average cabling length from the positive terminal of a combiner box to a main box plus the average cabling length from the negative terminal of a combiner box to a main box.

3) Main box to inverter: average cabling length from the positive terminal of a main box to the inverter plus the average cabling length from the the negative terminal of a main box to an inverter.

Is this correct?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:57 pm 

Yes it is correct.
As mentioned in the dialog, the connexions between Boxes and Inverters should be counted as twice the distance (i.e. the total wire length).