PVsyst's forum

Welcome on PVsyst's forum.
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:24 am

All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: CIGS Panel
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:09 pm 

I'm trying to simulate a Miasole CIGS thin film panel ( MR107).
There is no available .PAN file in PVSyst for this panel, so I tried to import from Photon databese, but the import dialog box says:
"There were some errors when reading the PV module data set."
I also noticed that there is no "CIGS" in the list of technologies in the "definition of a PV module"

Please advise whether it is currently possible to simulate such a module.

Best regards,

Post subject: Re: CIGS Panel
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:23 pm 

PVsyst is quite able to model the CIGS modules: you should choose the technology CIS (equivalent to CIGS).

Now with these PHOTON data, the specified Number of cells is 88, which leads to a Vmpp value of 0.23 V/cell.
This is far below the usual values for CIS technology, the module organization is probably 2 strings of 44 cells in series.
When you change this in the "Size and technology" page, please also go to the "Model parameters", and click the default checkboxes for Rshunt and Rseries (=> resp. 80 and 0.373 ohm).
Because when trying to adjust the model with the false number of cells in series, PVsyst has fixed erroneous default values for these parameters.

NB: During my researchs about modelling, I measured a CIS module during 7 years (one measurement every 10 minutes), and it obeys "perfectly" to the one-diode model (the RMS difference between Measured and Modelled values was < 1%, for any irradiance and temperature conditions over several years).

Post subject: Panel Temperature
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:52 pm 

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to set panel temperature if I have an cooling panel at the back of a PV panel? Lets say I have a constant back temperature of the pv panel of 12 celcius degrees. That must influence the yield.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:46 pm 

I don't know how you are cooling your module to 12°C at sun, without consuming quite a lot of energy.

There is one (indirect) way of fixing the PV module temperature: you can specify the TArray in the Meteo file (usually the measured on-site temperature), and use it in the simulation.
For this you should export your Meteo data as CSV file, add a column for the temperature, and reimport it into PVsyst with this information.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:42 pm 

Hi Andre

Yes that wouldbe a solution to fix surroundings tempeture. The water colling panel is mounted at the back of the pv panel.

But how to export your Meteo data as CSV file? and then I have to write Tarray a list the fixed tempeture in that collum?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:54 pm 

For exporting a meteo file, please use "Databases" / "Meteo tables and Graphs".
Here you can get a table of the data in hourly values, and export it as a CSV file.
NB: By contract with Meteonorm, the files obtained from Meteonorm 6.1 (internal Meteonorm tool) are not exportable. You should choose another meteo data source.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:06 pm 

Hi
In "characterictics of metereo hourly files" I cant see where to export data for at specific meteo file into a csv file?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:02 pm 

As I explained in the last post, you have to use "Databases" / "Meteo tables and Graphs", and open "Tables" with hourly values.
In the table dialog you have the opportunity of exporting the data as a CSV file for the whole year.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:24 pm 

Ok
I have exported a file and added a columm with a header of "TArray" and added the temperature below. The other headers are: GlobHor DiffHor T Amb

But how to import CSV file?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:16 pm 

You should use the tool "Database" / "Import ASCII meteo files".