Since version 6.60, PVsyst uses hardware acceleration in the shadings dialogs.
This increases display performance and allows drawing big scenes but it also requires that the display drivers are up-to-date.
Here is how to make sure that you have the latest drivers installed :
- Open Control Panel
- In Windows 8/10 click on the Hardware and Sound
- In Windows 7, click System and Security
- Once in the Control Panel, click on Device Manager
- In the list, expand the item called Display adapters
- You should see at least one item which is your graphics card
- Right-click on it and then click on the Update drivers
- Choose to check for updates automatically from the internet
If your drivers are not up-to-date, they will be updated. After the update it is advised to reboot the computer.
[AMD / NVidia]
If you have an AMD or NVidia graphics card installed, you might also have installed a monitoring software like Catalyst or GeForce Experience. If so, it is advised to update your drivers from these software directly.
If your computer is equipped with an Intel graphics chipset
, you will need to download drivers direclty from the Intel website : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/produc ... cs-Drivers
If you don't know which one to download, Intel provides an assistant tool to detect it for you : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... etect.html