|When defining a site, my "Interactive Map" doesn't work
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||André Mermoud [ Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:56 pm ]|
|Post subject:||When defining a site, my "Interactive Map" doesn't work|
Please read first our most recent post on this topic:
For creating an "Interactive map", PVsyst needs to get an access to Internet for using the web service "OpenStreetMap". In some companies the access to internet from applications is secured through a proxy or a Firewall.
Our proxy settings implementation is actually limited to some common proxies. If your proxy uses a proprietary way for authentication, then it will not work, and we cannot do anything.
What we usually suggest in this case, is to configure your environment (proxy/firewall) to allow PVsyst to go over internet. PVsyst actually uses the following accesses :
- License management (activation, transfer, sync) : https://secure.pvsyst.com/activationCenter/
- Meteo definition via Interactive Map : https://www.openstreetmap.org
- Locality and timezone : http://api.geonames.org, http://ba-ws.geonames.net and http://ba-ws2.geonames.net
- PVGIS meteo and horizon import: http://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
- NREL NSRDB meteo import: https://developer.nrel.gov/
- Currency exchange rate: https://data.fixer.io/
- PVsyst's software update : http://download.pvsyst.com/.
However the "Interactive map" is not necessary for creating a new site: you can simply choose the page "Geographical coordinates", and explicitely define your site by its GPS coordinates (Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Time Zone), which you can get from other sources.
The "Interactive map" is only a tool for simplifying your life.
|Author:||nils@pvsyst [ Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:05 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: When defining a site, my "Interactive Map" doesn't work - how to enter coordinates manually|
Please note that the Interactive map is an additionnal feature but it does not stop PVSyst from working properly.
If you still have issues after trying the below procedure, you can use Google Maps directly from your web browser (at [url]https://maps.google.com/[/url]) and insert your geographical coordinates (Latitude, Longitude, Altitude) manually in PVsyst using the Geographical Coordinates tab:
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC+02:00|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited