PVsyst offers various interactive tools that require internet access to external web services to fully function.
This post contains an exhaustive list of the services offered.
PVsyst can be used with a basic authentication proxy (login / password authentication). If your proxy uses a proprietary or advanced authentication protocol (such as NTLM or windows domain), then it will not work.
- connection to internet with a proxy
- connection to internet through a firewall with strict security rules
- encountering issues with web services (e.g. interactive map not loading)
If any of the above applies, it will be necessary to insert this list in your proxy/firewall rules to allow the outgoing requests from PVsyst to each service.
Web services as of version 7.2.6 - September 2021:
- Base PVsyst URLs:
- Main URL:
- License management (activation, transfer, synchronization):
- PVsyst's software update:
- PVsyst's anonymous analytics (GDPR compliant, can be opted-in/out by the user):
- Geographical site data search (also used together with the interactive map):
- Geonames service for coordinates, locality (place name), altitude, time zone:
- Meteo data import:
- PVGIS (TMY hourly data, hourly data time series and horizon line):
- NREL NSRDB (TMY hourly data):
- Solcast (TMY hourly data and user authentication):
- Currency exchange rate for economic tools: