PVsyst's forum

Welcome on PVsyst's forum.
It is currently Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:04 am

All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: PVSyst Multiple Openings
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:30 am 

Hi,

I just wanted to highlight the fact that, now that I have downloaded version 6.23, I miss having the possibility to open PVSyst multiple times. I agree that one project already opened should be protected to avoid overwriting things being modified in another window etc., but as sometimes simulations can run for up to 30min, I like to take the time to work on different projects at the same time. Therefore, my suggestion is that this option is reconsidered for the next PVSyst version with perhaps a protection so that one project can only be opened once, but several projects can be modified at the same time. This would result in considerable time gain.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Sarah

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:51 pm 

We just did this modification as simultaneous running is the cause of many reported crashes of the program.

Now there are some files which are permanently used by PVsyst, not only the project's files.
We will perhaps try to secure the simultaneous running of multiple instances of PVsyst in a future version.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:22 pm 

Would it be possible to just allow limited functions, like building shading scenes, at the same time a simulation is running? It's inconvenient to be completely unable to work in the meantime. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:34 am 

You can open multiple instances of PVsyst. I wouldnt work on the same variant you have running, but other variants and projects work just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:56 am 

Thanks. I'll check it out. Life has improved since 2014, then?