How to compare the measured exported energy with the simulation?

Sebastian.stan

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Measured data analysis tool for comparing the actual production of a PV system to the expected one from the simulation.

The comparison is based on five days worth of data (collected by the SCADA system) where the irradiance is at minimum 500 W/m2 for 3 hours.

In order to import this data in PVsyst I use the "Import ASCII Hourly file" tool and my file includes the date, hour, measured irradiance on plane and ambient temperature for those 5 days.

If I try to import this file I get the error message "This part is suited for comparing measured output data recorded on an existing PV system to simulated results".

Fair enough, I add the measured energy injected into grid (E_grid) data to the file and it is imported correctly into PVsyst.

Then I move on to the "measured data analysis tool", I use an as-built simulation variant and the measured data I just imported to get a simulation.

Now, my understanding is that this simulation will show me the expected energy injected into grid (E_grid) using the meteo data I just imported.

But does it do any actual comparison with the measured energy injected into grid I have added to the file?

If not, what was the purpose of including the energy injected into grid in the file at the beginning?

Please let me know if my understanding is correct and I am using the tools as they are designed?

Best Regards,

Sebastian

This is indeed the right way: in the part "Tools > Measured Data Analysis" you have to define the parameters corresponding to your system, and run the simulation.

Now in the results dialog, you can open "Predefined graphs", and here you have several ways of comparing your data to the simulation.

Sorry, this is a part of the program that has been neglected since a very long time. Even the DEMO project (N13 Motorway) doesn't work anymore.

We will modernize it in a future version of PVsyst, and make this use more explicit and user-friendly.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to use the Measured data analysis tool for comparing the actual production of a PV system to the expected one from the simulation.

The comparison is based on year of data .

In order to import this data in PVsyst , i add the site to the geographical site in databases after i use the "Import ASCII Hourly file" my file includes the date, hour, measured irradiance on plane and ambient temperature .

after the conversion i check the quality in `Meteo data`, the chift time is 6 minute every thing to be ok.

If I try to import this file to simulate my system I get the error message "the meteo values are not complete, the monthly values for projects site ..........will be taken from Meteonorm`

Please let me know what have to do ?

Best Regards,

simulation.thumb.png.de2d84348c0960548d1666dcf9adf3b7.png

• 2 weeks later...

The site of the projects should contain Valid Monthly meteo data.

Thes data will not be used in the simulation, but are involved in several sizing tools.

If your imported data are not complete (as it is your case), you should define valid and complete monthly data, what you can import for example from Meteonorm.

• 5 months later...

There is nothing to improve.

It is always necessary that the site attached to a project holds full monthly values (I repeat: not used in the simulation). These data are used for some internal models, namely for pre-sizing advices.

This doesn't prevent to use meteo files (or DAM files for measured data) with a restricted time period, up to one only day.