Hourly output in batch mode (multiple MET files)

spelland74

Hello,

I just discovered PVsyst's batch mode and am very happy about this, since it will allow me to run several years of weather data at one time :D

I have been able to use the batch mode successfully when I don't ask for hourly output files to be created. When I ask for hourly output files to be created, I don't get any yearly (or hourly) output for the MET files. Could you explain how to use the batch mode with several MET files and get hourly output for each?

Best regards,

Sophie

Hi Andre,

Suppose I want to use batch mode to simulate several years of weather data. Is it possible to get an hourly output file generated for each of the years of weather data? Or are the outputs only annual when we run the batch mode? I am wondering because in the "parameter specification" tab in batch mode there is a box we can check which reads "Create hourly files". However, I have not been able to get hourly files output for each year.

Best regards,

Sophie

• 1 month later...

Hello Andre,

I have tried several times, but haven't been able to generate hourly output files when I run a simulation in batch mode (I do get the annual results though). I will paste below an example of the file I am using to try to generate hourly outputs in batch mode. If you can tell me how I should modify this, it would be much appreciated (note: I can send files by email if this is easier).

Best regards,

Sophie

--

PVsyst simulations Batch mode;

Simulation parameters definition;

File Modified on 24/07/15 10:15;

;

Project ;;;Grid-Connected Project at Site;

Variants based on;;VC0;First simulation all losses included;

;

Please define the parameters to be varied for each run;

Don't modify anything in the column titles !;

Only the lines beginning by "SIM_" will be executed;

;

Ident;Meteo data;Create hourly;Simul;;

;*.MET file;file;Comment;;

;;File name;;;

;

SIM_1; Site_TMY_MOS.MET;Y;First simulation all losses included;;

;*.MET file;Site_TMY_MOS.MET;Comment;;

;;file1.csv;;;

SIM_2;Site_GHI_plus_2_percent.MET;Y;First simulation all losses included;;

;*.MET file;Site_GHI_plus_2_percent.MET;Comment;;

;;file2.csv;;;

SIM_3; Site_GHI_minus_2_percent.MET;Y;First simulation all losses included;;;;

;*.MET file;Site_GHI_minus_2_percent.MET;Comment;;

;;file3.csv;;;

;;

;;

;;

;;;

Don't forget to close this file in EXCEL before returning to PVsyst for executing the simulation !!!;;;

I have named the three files "file1.csv", "file2.csv", "file3.csv". Maybe I am not writing this in the right place?

If you could show me an example of properly written lines to generate hourly batch files, it would be much appreciated. I am having trouble understanding the required format.

• 5 weeks later...