File access with PVSyst v6.31

Jen212

Hi

We just upgraded to v6.31 using the 'Check for update' function within the PVsyst software. Now when we try to select a site, project or meteo file we see an error saying PVsyst cannot open the file (screenshot attached).When we press 'OK', this message is repeated for every single file in the directory.

The directory is definitely mapped correctly as the Workspace and these files are not open in any other software.

Thanks,

Jen

1976819629_PVSystfoldererror.JPG.e2641b30d948e983742a17031a4ce701.JPG

Hi Jen,

Indeed this looks strange. Did you try to restart your computer (maybe the network mapping was failing) and also PVsyst and try again ? I just checked with a workspace at a network address and it looks to work as before.

What I would also suggest is to go explicitly in your network workspace using the Windows file explorer before using PVsyst: indeed (at least on my machine), if I do not go manually on it, it is not loaded for most of the application which are referencing this place.

Bests,

Julien.

Hi Julien

Thanks for your help.

I have tried:

- Restarting the software

- Restarting the computer

- Veryfing that no other network users are accessing this folder simultaneously

- Opening the folder in Windows Explorer before opening PVsyst

But I still get same errors. So it seems that v6.31 thinks the files are already open when it is only itself trying to access them. Is there any way to check at your end if this is what is happening?

Jen

Hi Julien

I downloaded v6.3.0. v6.3.1 still remains on my PC - it was not replaced.

When I opened v6.3.0 and tried to load a project, I got the same errors again. As before, every time I press OK, the error reappears with the next filename. This time, when I pressed OK several times, the error message changed to this:

777806222_PVSysterror2.JPG.f791c58706068f34816c777e8261b043.JPG

So it looks this issue is not related to the fact you updated PVsyst from 6.3.0 to 6.3.1.

Maybe it is due to changes on file access rights ? To prove that, I would suggest to copy paste the whole PVsyst6_Data directory from the network path to a local path. Then you will have to reference it via File >> Workspace >> Switch...

After restarting PVsyst, please check if you are able to access all your projects for example.