More than 8 orientations (Near Shading)

Fredy

Hello

In PVsyst 5 we could control the "Shading max. orientation difference between shading plans" on the hidden parameters so you could simulate even if the difference was too big (bad terrain)

Now in PVsyst 6 I can’t find an parameter where I can define the nº of orientations (see image attached)

204711711_morethan8orientations.jpg.1be84772c8f00fe9916ffbd1d9f4c6d3.jpg

Is there any parameter to define this limitation?

So PVsyst could make an “average” of the orientations?

Thank you for your support.

In the version 6, in the "Orientation" parameters you can indeed define "Multi-orientations", with up to 8 different orientations.

If you construct a 3D representation of your system, you should indeed define fields in different orientations, compatibles with your "Orientation" and your definition of the number of modules in your "System".

There is no limitation about the orientations differences as a shading table is now computed for each orientatin independently.

Now when you define rows following a terrain you can indeed have several different orientations.

In the present time this situation is only taken into account with 3D scenes imported from the Heliod3D program.

In this case PVsyst will define an average orientation for use in the simulation. In the 3D editor, you will have a tool for the analysis of the distribution of the orientations of your tables.

If the orientations distribution is too large, you have the opportunity of modifying the limits in the Hidden parameters (see the Help), at the price of a slightly lower accuracy of the simulation.

We are now preparing the representation of a terrain directly in PVsyst without passing by Helios3D, and these possibilities will also be available in this new framework.

• 1 year later...

Due to the imported terrains from Helios, I have a defined fields with more than 16 orientations, may I know which limits should I alter in Hidden parameters?

I've modified everything in the "Detailed Simulation Verification Conditions" but nothing seems to work.

I have given the answer to this question in my last post:

In this case PVsyst will define an average orientation for use in the simulation. In the 3D editor, you will have a tool for the analysis of the distribution of the orientations of your tables.

If the orientations distribution is too large, you have the opportunity of modifying the limits in the Hidden parameters (see the Help), at the price of a slightly lower accuracy of the simulation.

However, since the redaction of this answer, the limits have been migrated to the Project's parameters (button "Albedo and Settings", page "Other limitations", parameter "Max. orientation difference for defining average (spread) orientation".

• 1 month later...

Hello

I had to come back at this Post because,

We are trying to find out how the azimute was calculated when we have multiple orientations and we had to use higher "Discriminating orient. difference between shading planes", we did several tests

the azimuth it show's on the image bellow:

Azimute.png.35dde87fe2ea83af7bc786675a8dc69f.png

Is the azimut of the "Main Table" the one that we creat first or in cause of Helios 3D it alwas show the same azimuth in "constraction prespective" im assuming it is average? or is it the azimute of the "main table"?

Construction.thumb.png.939dd61e70e8a68bee96e805209a4fac.png

We are now doing a project with very hight slopes

what's the best since PVsyst "during the simulation, the incident irradiance will be calculated once for the average orientation, and applied to all tables in the same way, resulting in a (little) orientation loss."

We wanted to know how should we treat this case?

Should we add some losses to consider this "orientation loss."?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...