Installation directory must be on a local hard drive

tranterengineering

I am trying to install PVsyst 6 on a new computer - and I get "Installation directory must be on a local hard drive"

Capture.JPG.de42247d55879b4c68fb97331725bec0.JPG

Screenshot

I am running Windows 8.1 x64 on a Core i5 with 14 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD (C: - Windows install) + 320 GB HDD (D: - data). I have had PVsyst installed previously on this computer on a previous Windows install.

Is this something to do with the SSD (which is new)? - Though I have PVsyst installed fine for ages on my Sony Ultrabook which is Win 8.1 with 128 GB SSD?

• 1 year later...

Please check the points of the following list:

• 1. If your PVsyst installer is located on a network drive then copy it first on a local drive

2. Check that you have enough free space remaining on your hard drive

2. You need to have Windows Admin rights

3. Your download of PVsyst v6.x.x may have failed. Check that the file size is greater than 100'000 Ko (for PVsyst 6.3.5 and later) and eventually download it again

4. You may have another installation of PVsyst already running. In this case, the solution is to restart your PC and install PVsyst again.

5. Make sure you don't have another MSI based installer running at the same time (close the other applications running then look in Task Manager for "msiexec.exe")

6. Run PVsyst installer as administrator (from a command prompt launched as administrator)

7. Make sure your computer operating system is up-to-date using Windows Update

8. Perform a silent installation using msiexec.exe with option /i and /qn. More details are available in our FAQ:

http://forum.pvsyst.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1961&hilit=msi.